Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Configure The DNS Forwarders
Configure The DNS Forwarders :
1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click
DNS to start the DNS Management Console.
2. Right click the DNS Server object for your server in the left pane of the console, and click
3. Click the Forwarders tab.
4. Check the Enable forwarders check-box.
5. In the IP address box enter the IP address of the DNS servers you
want to forward queries to - typically the DNS server of your ISP.
You can also move them up or down. The one that is highest in the list gets
the first try, and if it does not respond within a given time limit - the query
will be forwarded to the next server in the list.