Requirement to install the Win 2003 Domain Conroller :
1. An NTFS partition with enough free space.
2. An Administrator's username and password.
3. The correct operating system version.
4. A NIC Properly configured TCP/IP (IP address, subnet mask
and - optional - default gateway).
5. A network connection (to a hub or to another computer via a crossover cable).
6. An operational DNS server (which can be installed on the DC itself).
7. A Domain name that you want to use
The Windows Server 2003 CD media (or at least the i386 folder).